Mold is a disturbing health risk. If you come into contact with mold in your Martin home, call a professional’s 24/7 hotline number, such as Regency DRT. They will need to come in and perform a mold removal process. In the meantime, make sure you and none of your family members or friends come into contact with the affected area. Even being in the same room as mold can be a bad idea. If the mold is extensive, it would be a good idea to find another place to live temporarily. However, you choose, make sure you stay protected from the side effects of mold exposure which include throat irritation, coughing, difficulty breathing, numbness or tingling, fatigue, and more. Don’t compromise your health by letting mold dwell in your home. Make sure to visit the doctor’s office if you have any concerns regarding your health.
Most people think little of finding mold inside their home. After all, a little mold on a piece of bread won’t kill the consumer, so why discard it? The same can be said with mold inside your home. If it is just a little mold, how bad can it really be?
What people fail to understand is that there are dangerous side effects of household mold. Not only will mold damage the structure of your home, but it can affect the health of the occupants.
Just like trees, and other species, mold comes in all forms. In fact, studies show there are at least 1,000 different types of mold that can grow within the typical American home. What they are called depends upon the effects granted onto humans and pets alike.
Thankfully, regardless of the different type of mold discovered, the side-effects of mold sickness are relatively the same on all counts.
- Foggy thoughts and temporary memory loss, loss of focus, & headaches
- A weakness of the muscles, and exhaustion
- Joint Pain, constant nerve pain, and random muscle pains
- Tingling and numbness within the body
- Sensitivity to lights with one’s eyes
- Coughing or shortness of breath
- Slight tremors of the body
- Change in appetite, diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pains
- Metallic Tastes in one’s mouth
- Irregular body temperatures changing at random intervals
- Increased urination and a higher intake of liquids in order to stay hydrated
Having just one of these symptoms can indicate a mold issue in your home, but having several can indicate more serious health issues. These are likely to increase for people who have health issues, the elderly, and infants. If you or anyone within your household start experiencing one or all of these symptoms, get in contact with a doctor immediately. The sooner you get checked out, the sooner that the illness can be treated and its side-effects negated so that proper health can be restored to yourself or your family if you do not live alone. You also want to make sure you contact a certified professional mold remediation company that can inspect your home and remove any signs of mold and mold spores.
Mold is common within many homes, and it does not strike quickly. As a matter of fact, the growth of mold can go unnoticed for months, perhaps even years. And if it does remain unnoticed, then the spores can detach themselves from wherever mold has grown, and find their way into the airways or bloodstreams of any humans or animals within the contaminated areas.
But, you don’t have to deal with this issue alone! If in fact, if you suspect mold within your home, the professionals at Regency DRT are here to grant you aid and relief! Available 24/7 in the Martin Florida area, their certified crew members will make sure that any mold within your home is not only located but also entirely eradicated. 1.888.221.5791.
Mold is a disgusting, fast-growing villain that can spread within just 48 hours of water damage. In walls, under sheetrock, in cupboards, on ceilings, and all sorts of other places, mold can be found just about anywhere if it is in the right conditions. However, you might not know what these conditions are, how to recognize mold, or what to do about it if you find it. Below, we have compiled a simple mold crash course to keep you informed and at the ready in case of mold damage in your home.
THE PERFECT ENVIRONMENT
Have you ever noticed something white or blue and fuzzy growing on a loaf of bread? This is because the inside of a bread bag is the perfect breeding ground for mold. Mold needs organic matter, moisture, warmth, and oxygen to grow and spread. This is why mold thrives off of water damage affecting your home.
HOW TO SPOT MOLD
Mold can appear white, blue, black, or even not visible at all! It can appear as fuzzy blobs growing on the surface of your home like the mold found on bread, or it can look like a black, patchy discoloration in your walls. If the mold is growing due to water damage, there is also a high chance that you will find discolored and strange-textured walls, cracking or bubbling paint, warping, etc. However, mold can also be airborne and thus undetectable save the cold-like symptoms it can cause upon inhalation.
Because it can often be virtually invisible to the naked eye, it is important to be able to predict the highest-risk areas in your home. Does your basement seem to have a new sort of funk? Does it have a strong, musty odor? If so, you probably have mold growing there. A basement is a common place for mold growth because it is often the most water-damaged part of the home, and the conditions are often just right. Mold can also grow in bathrooms, behind walls under leaky pipes, or anywhere you might find water damage.
THE SCARY TRUTH
Mold may seem like not much more than a cosmetic problem, however, if left undetected and unmanaged, mold growth can pose a serious health threat to everyone that enters your home. Especially for those with allergies, respiratory issues, or compromised immune systems, mold spores can cause serious respiratory malfunctions and can even land more sensitive cases in the hospital. It is best to handle mold growth before it grows too late.
If you find mold in your home, or think you might have mold growing but can’t find it, you can call your local restoration service. If you live in the Martin area, you can call Regency DRT any time of day or night for fast, emergency response. When they get there, they will conduct a complete evaluation of the home and remove any mold found, and can even take care of problem areas to prevent further mold growth in the future. Companies like Regency DRT are experienced experts in mold removal and will ensure that your home is safe and mold-free without hassle.