Though vandals will often target abandoned properties, sometimes they turn their destructive tendencies towards occupied homes and offices. The effects of vandalism can be wide-reaching—costing the property owner thousands of dollars and creating fear of future incidents. If your property has been affected by vandalism, please follow these steps:
- Keep your family safe. Keep children and pets out of areas with broken glass—and make sure that anyone else is wearing shoes while in the area.
- Call the police. While minor incidents of egging or chalking may not be need to be reported, anything serious should be reported to the police. By reporting the incident, you can help the police track the vandals and prevent future crimes.
- Make a list of the damages.
- Remove anything that can easily be cleaned. Get rid of the chalk and toilet paper—however, don’t try to clean upholstery or other items if you are unsure about what to do. Improper cleanup may make the damage worse.
- Call a vandalism restoration company for help with the rest. They will provide emergency board-up, so your home is protected from further vandalism or theft—and then they will completely restore your home.
Vandalism can be extremely stressful. However, you can take the uncertainty out of the situation by making sure you have experts on your side. Your Florida property restoration specialists can deal with any kind of property damage—from vandalism to flooding.
Call Now For Immediate Assistance – Our Restoration Experts Are Standing By To Serve You – Call (888) 221-5791!