Any natural disaster is devastating for those who must endure them. Hurricanes, floods, tornados, fires, and other disasters can wreak havoc on your health, home, and livelihood. Surviving these types of disasters are life changing and stressful enough, but what about after the event? In all the chaos and confusion that happens after a loss, what are the smaller things you need to look out for? What kind of mental and physical risks are there for you and your family? And how can you best get your life back on track?
According to Tulane University, “mental health problems rank among the most widespread long-term effects of natural disasters.” Yet, mental health is easy to overlook in the face of losing your property and working to have it restored. Many people suffer from grief, shock, anxiety, or depression after a disaster. The disruption of a daily routine and the loss of cherished possessions can be hard to deal with on top of the chaos and confusion that accompanies a disaster. Some common feelings associated with experiencing a traumatic event are shock, disbelief, fear, sadness, helplessness, guilt, anger, and shame. These types of feelings are normal, but lasting psychological effects can occur if there isn’t a return to normalcy.
These types of mental trauma can also express themselves in a physical way. Physical responses are completely normal and can include trembling, pounding heart, rapid breathing, lump in throat. So, it’s important to get the restoration help you need right away.
In addition to these mental problems, there are significant risks to physical health after a disaster. Your home can be compromised by unsanitary and potentially hazardous conditions. Ruptured gas lines, mold growth, vermin infestation, and stagnant water containing bacteria are just a few of the safety hazards that can affect your home. Take a look at this list of the side effects of mold exposure.
- Foggy thoughts and temporary memory loss, loss of focus, headaches
- Exhaustion and Muscle Weakness
- Joint pain, constant nerve pain, random muscle pains
- Tingling and numbness in the body
- Sensitivity to light
- Coughing or shortness of breath
- Slight body tremors
- Change in appetite, diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Dehydration, decreased urination
Even if the damages to your home do not seem significant, it is important to use a qualified restoration company to bring your home back to pre-loss condition. Trying to fix damages to your home on your own is not only generally ineffective, it can also be dangerous. Any cleaning a homeowner does is usually only at the surface level, leaving potentially harmful mold and bacteria beneath your floors or in your walls. This can lead to bigger and more costly damages down the line.
Those who have suffered a loss might not understand the whirling emotions, frustrations, and feelings of hopelessness that are common during the restoration process. The knowledge, equipment, and manpower that comes with a restoration company can restore your property to its pre-loss condition much quicker and more effectively than any homeowner.
Safety is one of the major advantages to hiring a restoration company. Even minor issues can turn into large ones; things that don’t seem important, like a little mold or soot, can become health hazards for you and your family. With their expertise, restoration companies can get your life back to normal. Using a professional company means things can move along quickly and still be done to the highest standard of care.
In addition to this, restoration companies can help you to fully understand your insurance coverage. Insurance policies are often difficult to understand and interpret, especially in the wake of disaster. A professional disaster restoration company works with insurance companies every day, so they are best equipped to help you through the process of dealing with insurance agents and claims adjusters.
Regency DRT is the Company for All Your Restoration Needs
- We Do It All
- Regency DRT specializes in full-service disaster restoration, providing a one-stop-shop for our clients.
- There When You Need Us
- Disasters don’t rest, and neither do we. Regency offers 24-hour emergency response. No matter the time of day or night, a team is prepared to immediately respond to your property emergency.
- We Work with All Insurance Companies
- Regency has extensive experience working with insurance companies and claims adjusters on property insurance claims. We will work directly with your insurance company and coordinate everything from our initial response until your property is restored to pre-loss condition. Our objective is to make this process as smooth as possible for you.
- We Provide the Highest Quality of Service
- Regency DRT was founded on the belief that a restoration company should provide superior quality of service to their customers while maintaining the industry’s highest standards. We pride ourselves in our extensive training and knowledge of restoration services. When choosing Regency DRT, you can rest assured knowing you will be receiving the best restoration services available.
- We Can Handle Losses of All Sizes
- We can quickly respond to any disaster with the necessary amount of equipment, resources, and staff for the unique needs of your job, whether it’s a single residential loss, large loss, or area-wide disaster
- We Are Committed to Customer Satisfaction
- Regency DRT is confident that we can meet and even exceed customer expectations. To guarantee the highest level of service, we constantly monitor our work and immediately correct any area that does not meet our strict set of standards. In addition to this, we encourage customer communication and use your input to continuously improve our level of services provided to you. Our ultimate mission is to leave a smile on your face, happy and satisfied about the work performed in your home.