As the tropics are heating up with activity, Hurricane Preparedness is a topic of discussion. People usually remember to be prepared at their home with supplies, however will forget the workplace. Hurricane winds or flood waters from a major storm will harm any property in it’s path.
As a result, pre-planning leads to better protection for the employees, property, and equipment. Follow the steps below to lessen damages to your commercial property.
- Pre written action plan for emergencies– Employers need to have a pre written action plan for employees. This plan can be given to the employees to take action within their space before leaving the office.
- Secure loose items such as scissors, staplers, reams of paper, etc.
- Contain valuables in a safe or locked area.
- Turn off computers and other equipment.
- Remove items from the refrigerator.
- Place customer files into a locked area.
- Assign a group to be the emergency task force.By assigning 2-5 people, depending on the size of your company, you will have a few people that can perform and oversee other precautions are taken before the major storm or hurricane.
- Take a photo inventory of the various offices, assets, and equipment.
- Check there are batteries, flashlights, and other emergency supplies in the office.
- Secure doors and windows in the event of an emergency.
- Remove items from floor, if possible.As storm waters rise, the office may flood. By lifting items such as plants, boxes, and chairs off of the floor, it will alleviate further water damages to those items.
- Send staff home. Their safety is a priority.After the commercial property has been prepared for the severe storm or hurricane, remember your staff will need time to prepare their own properties.
Take the time to plan ahead of the storm, use your staff, and keep emergency supplies on hand. The right preparation leads to very little effort and thirty minutes to an hour of time right before the storm. Not only will this help before the storm, but will get your business back up and running in no time! Be prepared and not scared when a storm is nearby.
Regency DRT is the Company for All Your Restoration Needs
- We Do It All
- Regency DRT specializes in full-service disaster restoration, providing a one-stop-shop for our clients.
- There When You Need Us
- Disasters don’t rest, and neither do we. Regency offers 24-hour emergency response. No matter the time of day or night, a team is prepared to immediately respond to your property emergency.
- We Work with All Insurance Companies
- Regency has extensive experience working with insurance companies and claims adjusters on property insurance claims. We will work directly with your insurance company and coordinate everything from our initial response until your property is restored to pre-loss condition. Our objective is to make this process as smooth as possible for you.
- We Provide the Highest Quality of Service
- Regency DRT was founded on the belief that a restoration company should provide superior quality of service to their customers while maintaining the industry’s highest standards. We pride ourselves in our extensive training and knowledge of restoration services. When choosing Regency DRT, you can rest assured knowing you will be receiving the best restoration services available.
- We Can Handle Losses of All Sizes
- We can quickly respond to any disaster with the necessary amount of equipment, resources, and staff for the unique needs of your job, whether it’s a single residential loss, large loss, or area-wide disaster
- We Are Committed to Customer Satisfaction
- Regency DRT is confident that we can meet and even exceed customer expectations. To guarantee the highest level of service, we constantly monitor our work and immediately correct any area that does not meet our strict set of standards. In addition to this, we encourage customer communication and use your input to continuously improve our level of services provided to you. Our ultimate mission is to leave a smile on your face, happy and satisfied about the work performed in your home.